The new high school season is upon us, as golf is in full swing, field hockey and volleyball are underway, and our Game of The Week Football Doubleheader is coming up Thursday and Friday night!
With all that in mind, we've made a few changes in our coverage, always working to serve you as effectively as possible. Some things, of course, remain the same.
WHAT DIDN'T CHANGE:
1) Our Twitter Network: Our 24/7 hyperlocal feeds are at the heart of what we do. To find coverage for your high school or college, check out the information below. To follow all sports in the region, follow @TheRVASportsNet !
@hanoversports: Atlee, Hanover, Lee-Davis, Patrick Henry, Randolph-Macon College
@henricosports: Deep Run, Douglas Freeman, Glen Allen, Henrico, Hermitage, Highland Springs, J.R. Tucker, Mills Godwin, Varina, Collegiate, Steward
@cfieldsports: Clover Hill, Cosby, James River, L.C. Bird, Manchester, Matoaca, Meadowbrook, Midlothian, Monacan, Thomas Dale, Millwood, Richmond Christian, Life Christian Academy, Virginia State
@TheRVASportsNet: Armstrong, George Wythe, Huguenot, John Marshall, Thomas Jefferson, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Hopewell, Dinwiddie, Prince George, Amelia, Powhatan, Goochland, Louisa, Caroline, King William, New Kent, Charles City, Trinity Episcopal, Benedictine, St. Christopher's, plus University of Richmond, VCU, Virginia Union, all professional sports.
Follow what you want with hyper-local coverage not found elsewhere, or follow more than one to get all the sports news you want, plus weather, traffic and pertinent news updates.
2) Our Game of The Week: Our 2017-18 broadcast season begins Thursday at football as L.C. Bird faces Meadowbrook. We will provide the most live coverage of many high school sports, not just football, from now through June, so subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to get email alerts when we go live, so you never miss a game!
3) Our Facebook and Instagram: More hyper-local coverage on Facebook with photo galleries and other exclusive content at Facebook.com/RVASportsNetwork, Facebook.com/HanoverSports and Facebook.com/HenricoSports. On IG, we are at rvasportsnetwork.....
WHAT HAS CHANGED:
1) New Podcast Names: "Central Region Now!" becomes "RVA Sports Network Now!" and will be heard mid-week during football/fall sports season, moving to Sundays in late November. We are the only podcast dedicated to high school sports in Central Virginia! Follow us on Podbean for alerts when our latest edition is available!
2) Football Podcast Goes Live: "Live At 11:35" from "RVA Sports Network Now!" premieres this Friday following "On The Sidelines" on NBC12. It's the final word on the night in high school football that you've come to expect, only you don't have to wait for the podcast to be produced and edited! We'll have live Twitter Polls, a chat room, and we'll take questions and comments via Twitter. "Live At 11:35" will always be on our YouTube Channel, another reason to subscribe (it's free!)!
3) "Super 6" Polls Become "Super 7": We've decided to add a team to our weekly polls on volleyball, field hockey, soccer and lacrosse. The first Super 7 field hockey, boys and girls volleyball polls will release on Sunday, September 10th.
4) Website Consolidation: We have made the decision to merge HenricoCountySports.net and ChesterfieldCountySports.net into our main website, www.rvasportsnetwork.com, to better give you stories, scores and updates in a more timely manner. Our Hanover County feed, www.hanovercountysports.net, continues without interruption.
We are extremely excited about the 2017-18 school year! A big THANK YOU to you all for your support and for counting on The RVA Sports Network. We always appreciate your feedback as well, so don't hesitate to send us a DM on Twitter or a message on Facebook.
Let the season begin!